Well-established downtown Sacramento law firm seeks a senior
attorney for its Public Agency practice group.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7years of experience in general
municipal law, preferably serving as a deputy city attorney or city attorney. Candidate must have strong academic
credentials, high level analytical skills and excellent communication and
business development skills. A book of
business is not necessary, but would be a plus.
We offer a generous benefits package and the opportunity to develop your
skills and grow professionally.
Desired candidate should have significant experience in all of the
• Open government
(Brown Act, Conflicts of Interest, Public Records Act).
ordinances and resolutions.
• Drafting and
advice on implementation of contracts for professional services and public
• Land use and planning.
experience would be plus.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in
employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap,
religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
When: February 28th – March 1st
Where: South Lake Tahoe in a beautiful private cabin
What do you get:
– Gorgeous accommodations
– all food, drinks, and snacks
– personalized and group coaching on your purpose
– learn how to take care of yourself for a sustainable law practice (or life practice)
– energy and momentum for 202o to be your favorite year ever!
– time to ACTUALLY unplug and recharge
– so many options for time for you to relax
– 2 yoga sessions
– optional creative activities and a group of badass attorneys to connect with!
– pamper packs with tons of goodies
Leave at home: your suits (wear leggings and a messy bun if you want), your emails (you don’t need work), judgment, worries (as everything is taken care of)
Email email@example.com to sign up. Only 6 spots left.
More information here: www.badassretreat.com/retreat
Nielsen Katibah is a boutique litigation firm that specializes in insurance coverage and civil appeals. We are looking for 1 to 2 attorneys of any experience level to join our Sacramento office. We are a very busy collection of three lawyers that recently emerged from a ten-lawyer firm in the Bay Area. Our practice primarily consists of representing commercial insurers in litigation, including on appeal, though we sometimes dabble in other areas.
Experience with insurance coverage would be nice, but it is not required. Familiarity with discovery procedures is preferred, and candidates with working knowledge of both California and federal procedure will have an advantage. Our practice is geared towards brief writing and drafting complex coverage opinions, and so we seek skilled, interesting writers above everything else.
We offer a generous benefits package, a very competitive salary, and a congenial working environment designed to foster rapid advancement in the complex world of insurance law. Work hours are flexible, working remotely is allowed (not all the time), and candidates should be willing to occasionally travel throughout California, and sometimes out of state, for mediations and court hearings.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer that one of the writing samples be non-legal, though if only legal writing samples are available, that is fine. Feel free to submit, or not submit, your law school grades and class rank. We’re more interested in knowing why candidates are interested in a career in insurance law. Please address cover letters to Dan Katibah, Managing Partner at 3712 Laguna Way, Sacramento, CA 95864.
Single story condo space located at Water Tower Plaza 2100 Northrop Avenue, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95825 (near Northrop and Howe). The available space includes 3 offices with two secretarial stations, access to waiting room, conference room, break/kitchen/storage room and two bathrooms (within the suite). Ample parking is available at no fee. Family law attorney with secretary is co-tenant in this condo. Estimated availability is February 1, 2019.
(916) 568-8272. Paul L Brimberry
Ellis & Makus LLP seeks a creative and detail-oriented attorney
with a minimum of three years of experience practicing employment law to join
its workplace investigations team as an Attorney Investigator. The Attorney
Investigator is responsible for conducting impartial investigations for public
and private employer clients throughout California. This includes investigations
into complaints of a wide array of issues, including workplace harassment,
fraud and compliance and whistleblower complaints.
About the Firm
The Firm’s practice is almost exclusively focused on
conducting workplace investigations for public and private employers throughout
California. The Firm has two partners, with extensive experience practicing
employment law, including litigation, advice and counsel and workplace investigations.
More information about the Firm can be found on its website at www.ellismakus.com.
- Member of the California State Bar in good
- Minimum three years of experience, with a solid
background practicing employment law
- Experience conducting investigations required
- Excellent analytical and legal writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to travel within California
- Ability to work remotely
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to
detail and follow through
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent
- Ability to manage multiple projects and
- Experience counseling clients on employment law
matters, whether employees or employers
- Strong interviewing skills
- Familiarity with state and federal employment
- Formal training in workplace investigations
- Conduct impartial and thorough investigations
- Write detailed, accurate and substantiated
reports, including complex legal analyses
- Edit and proofread investigation reports
- Conduct legal research and counsel clients on
employment law issues
- Prepare and present training materials
- Research and prepare responses to requests for
- Perform administrative duties
- Engage in business development activities
To apply, please submit
resume, cover letter and writing sample to Lisa Stewart at email@example.com.