Rivera Hewitt Paul LLP is currently seeking an associate with between 2 to 5 years of experience in civil litigation. Primary responsibilities include working regularly with insureds and claims administrators to resolve personal injury disputes and defend cases in active litigation. Preferred candidates with experience in Federal Court will also be tasked with defense of public entity clients and public employees in civil rights cases. The position offers competitive compensation, a benefits package and an opportunity to join a seasoned group of trial and appellate attorneys in the Sacramento area.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Litigation in all phases of the insurance and public entity defense practices including drafting pleadings, law and motion practice, written discovery, depositions, pretrial preparation, trials, and appeals.
- Verbal and written communication with clients and claims administrators throughout the course of litigation.
- A minimum of two years of experience within the field of civil litigation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and work cases up without oversight.
- The willingness to collaborate with others and to work as a team with the other attorneys, paralegals and staffers.
- Preferred candidates are those who are knowledgeable in the operation of the Federal Courts.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references and a writing sample in PDF to email@example.com
Rivera Hewitt Paul LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.